Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Shameless Self Promotion Part 1


It’s 1977. I’m in 7th grade and my reading habits tended to library books geared to young adults and comic books (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Pink Panther, Sad Sack) and Mad Magazine. I wrote my own stories and poems. Style wise they were all over the map and never very long.

One Saturday, I’m in Bookland, a local bookstore with my mom and sister, browsing. My mom sees my armload of idiocy. Daffy Duck and a Mad Magazine Special Edition and casually says “why don’t you buy something worthwhile to read, like a novel”. So I started perusing the titles. I had never bought a paperback novel at that point, didn’t know anything about any particular author.

I’m reading the back of the books looking for something interesting when I find “Salem’s Lot” by Stephen King. The blurb sounds interesting and being 1977 I didn’t have to take out a home equity loan to afford a paperback, so I bought it, proudly showing my mom that I bought something real to read. She was happy until she saw it was about vampires and then her enthusiasm waned.

That book started a life long love of horror stories, novels and movies. I began writing my own, attempting to free my imagination. Here’s where the shameless self promotion starts. I was fortunate enough to have a collection of my short horror stories published in September 2008 called “The Spaces Between Your Screams”.

With the help of Squidoo I have created a webpage to advertise my book:
http://www.squidoo.com/screams

If you go look at the page I have several story excerpts and some other fun stuff related to the book. You can buy it at Amazon.com or from the publisher at
www.etreasurespublishing.com.

If you go take a look, thanks. If you buy a copy, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment