Thursday, May 28, 2009

Here Comes Da Judge

I don’t know anything about Sonia Sotomayor. I have no idea if Obama made the right choice or how she will be on the Supreme Court should she be seated. But I do love anything that gets the Republitwits all sweaty and sputtering. Let’s take a look at some of their statements from the past few days:

Mike Huckabee: “The clearest indication yet that President Obama’s campaign promises to be a centrist and think in a bipartisan way were mere rhetoric.”
The fact that you think anyone cares what you think is a clear indication you lost brain cells along with all that weight. Implicit in our rejection of you as a presidential candidate was our desire for you to just go away.

Newt Gingrich on twitter: “Saying that her background as a Hispanic female allowed her to understand cases in a different, better, manner than her white male contemporaries. Imagine a judicial nominee said, ‘my experience as a white man makes me better than a Latina woman’ new racism is no better than old racism.
Aside from the fact you took her quote out of context, you should know a racist Newt since you are one. You would also know if she cheated on her spouse since you have experience with that too. Oh, also lying, obfuscation, bloviating, fear mongering and general douchebaggery.

Mitt Romney: called the pick of Sotomayor “troubling”
What’s troubling Mitt Rombot is your belief that your opinion was solicited any more than Huckabee’s. By the way Mittens, have you ever had an original idea or do you read your life off of a talking points memo?

Michael Steele: “Republicans will reserve judgment on Sonia Sotomayor until there has been a thorough and thoughtful examination of her legal views.”
What he’s really saying: I’m releasing a vanilla statement because I’ve tried my “street” persona, my “buffoon” character, my “bad cop” routine and my “duh, I’m a moron” shtick and gotten my ass kicked for all of them.

Rush Limbaugh: “Do I want her to fail? Yeah. Do I want her to fail to get on the court? Yes! She’d be a disaster on the court. Do I still want Obama to fail as President? Yeah. He’s going to fail anyway, but the sooner the better.”
Do I want you to choke on a Bob Evan’s brown and serve sausage while having your third plate of breakfast? Yeah. Do I want you to fail to negotiate a turn in your car while secretly listening to NPR and slide under the rear wheels of one of those super sized dump trucks that haul stone from a quarry? You bet. Do I want you to have an aneurysm while squeezing out your morning dump into a lily-white bowl? Yes, and the sooner the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment