Tuesday, May 19, 2009

James Harrison, Idiot of the Week

There is a tradition in America that the champions of the 4 major professional sports and the National Champions in the college sports get a visit to the white house for their accomplishments to be celebrated. The players and coaches get to have their photos taken with the president and chat with him for a few minutes. I don’t know why we do it, but it’s been going on for as long as I can remember.

This Thursday is the scheduled visit of the NFL’s Pittsburg Steelers who won the Super Bowl in February of this year. One player, James Harrison, has stated he won’t be going to the ceremony because he doesn’t view it as special because, “I feel like that if Arizona (Cardinals) had won, Obama would have invited them to the White House.”

Uh, yeah James, that’s kind of how it works. The WINNING team gets the perk of an invitation to the WHITE HOUSE where the MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE WORLD lives and works. What, you wanted Obama to just invite the whole team over some random Saturday for a beer and taco night and watch an NBA playoff game together like you’re all old frat buddies? He’s THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES you dumbass, he’s a little busy.

Here’s James at the doctor’s office:
You took Mr. Schwartz right after me. I feel like if he had been here first you would have taken him before me. I’m finding another doctor.

James at the grocery store:
You waited on this lady right after ringing up my cheetos and hemorrhoid cream. I feel like if she had gotten in line before me you would have rung her up first. I’m not shopping here anymore.

James on his interception return for a touchdown in the Super Bowl:
I feel like if I had been tackled before crossing the goal line they wouldn’t have given me the touchdown. I’m retiring from football.

James Harrison, our idiot of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment